[Magdalen] DioVA - Regions & Retreat

cady soukup cadyasoukup at gmail.com
Tue Jun 14 19:08:19 UTC 2016

Dear ones,

In the early 1970's, the Diocese of Virginia, in an effort to
communicate better and to encourage congregations to work together,
put together groups of churches called Regions. Each region originally
had about 5,000 communicants in as many churches as it took to make up
that number, fewer in cities, more in rural areas. Our small church
(the only Episcopal church in our county) is a member of Region 13
along with 19 other small-to-medium churches. This year, I am the
president of the Region 13 council.

The Regional President's Retreat is at Shrine Mont this
Friday-Saturday. The Diocese is "re-visioning" the regions. Hmmm. That
could be interesting.

Prayer pats please - it's been a long year of revisions for me with
more in the works.

Thank you,

Cady