[Magdalen] parochialism

ME Michaud michaudme at gmail.com
Fri Jun 17 22:19:34 UTC 2016

I'm not planning on going.
I'm just mystified (and a little annoyed) by an "invitation"
sent to dozens or more
that doesn't include a time
or address.

It's a typical problem in our church (and other churches as well).

We have a parishoner who stands up during the announcements to invite
people to yard sales at his house. He never says where his house is, no
address given. Either we're all supposed to be psychic or else only people
who know where he lives are actually invited. We had a guy stand up to ask
for contibutions to some bicycle event he was attending. He didn't even
tell us his name, no address to mail a check to. I buttonholed him and
asked if he had a business card. He didn't. I wonder how much money he
raised.
-M