[Magdalen] In the weeds

Cantor03 at aol.com Cantor03 at aol.com
Sun Jun 19 03:27:38 UTC 2016

In a message dated 6/18/2016 10:08:54 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
charles.wohlers at verizon.net writes:

Good for  you! I tend to just mow the dandelions and leave it at that.

When I lived in the Upper Midwest USA I had a large lawn that I had
hand seeded.  My father always liked a little mixture
of white clover in with the Kentucky bluegrass and red fescue, so I
planted a mixture with the while clover.  I was lovely to see the  patches
of white blossoms in with the grass, and the neighborhood rabbits
loved it.  In fact the rabbits would line up in a row and eat the  clover
all of which reminded me of thrashing machines mowing wheat.

Eventually, though, the dandelions and the plaintain weeds (not to
be confused with the cooking ripe plantain) got so dense that I  ordered
a lawn service.  Their broadleaf killer, quickly removed all the  clover,
sadly.

David Strang.