[Magdalen] Pickling update (as usual, Hey Jay!).

M J _Mike_ Logsdon mjl at ix.netcom.com
Wed Jun 22 02:51:01 UTC 2016

My cheating "Kimchi Pickles" came out beautiful, retaining their crispness, and the vinegar mixing with the chili garlic sauce is, though coughingly powerful, great.  A recipe winner.

And tonight I did something different, maybe.  Two dozen small hardboiled eggs in a 64 oz jar, with 26 oz of red wine vinegar.  Just perfectly filled to the lid, which I screwed on tight.  In the fridge they went.  I wrote the date on the top, and told the boy to keep his distance until I say they're done.  Harrumph.  Also a recipe winner.  (How can it go wrong?)