[Magdalen] Pickling update (as usual, Hey Jay!).

M J _Mike_ Logsdon mjl at ix.netcom.com
Wed Jun 22 14:22:16 UTC 2016

>>>malt vinegar<<<

Definitely considered by me, and definitely a potential in future.  As for potential discoloration from red wine vinegar, I'll bet that malt vinegar is about as guilty, meaning hardly if at all.

My favorite "vinegar" bit:  Our Gang's "The Kid From Borneo" has the Gang mistaking a "wild man" from the circus with their Uncle George, and when the wee Spanky accidentally encounters "Uncle George" in the kitchen, he distracts him from wanting to eat him, Spanky, by feeding him everything in the fridge one item at a time (and he feeds him everything; "Uncle George"'s only English words are "Yum yum! Eat 'em up!")  At one point, Spanky reaches in for a large bottle of white vinegar.

Spanky:  "Hey Uncle George!... you like weenie-gar?"
Uncle George:  "Yum yum! Eat 'em up!" (then downs the whole bottle)