[Magdalen] pondering politics

M J _Mike_ Logsdon mjl at ix.netcom.com
Wed Jun 22 19:53:34 UTC 2016

>>>I've read in many places that
folks think this years conventions may be a reprise of Chicago in '68....
hard to 'see' what that would look like if the shoe was on the Republican
foot this time...<<<

If we're lucky enough (sic) for it to so happen, I predict it will be worse, because 68 protesters were protesting the war and the then present administration's support of it, which cherry-picked a nominee who had and continued to ignore the primaries.  Today, it'll be a bunch of unruly, violently angry people protesting nothing more than their unruly, violently angry candidate getting legally (via the "rules") ousted for something more akin to a human being and less horrifying.  There will be blood, potential loss of life, and a foregone SCOTUS suit which hopefully SCOTUS will refuse to hear (provided, hopefully, lower courts -- did Gore v Bush go through a lower court first? -- rule in favor of legal convention rules and not in favor of the unruly, violently angry poor billionaire.