[Magdalen] pondering politics

Cantor03 at aol.com Cantor03 at aol.com
Wed Jun 22 19:54:46 UTC 2016

In a message dated 6/22/2016 3:38:45 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
houstonklr at gmail.com writes:

Speaking  of HH who did get the nomination.... I've read in many places
that
folks  think this years conventions may be a reprise of Chicago in '68....
hard  to 'see' what that would look like if the shoe was on the Republican
foot  this time...
VIVID memories of that spring and  summer...>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

My room mate for a couple of years at the dormitory ("Lakeshore
Residence Halls") at Wisconsin was a Democratic Party activist, and
ran Hubert Humphrey's presidential campaign out of our dormitory
room.  It was quite an experience.  It was impossible to study in  that
location for much of the semester, and I got to know the Lake Road"
along the edge of Lake Mendota in Madison very well on my way to
study at the UW Main Library.