[Magdalen] Centeniel.

Cantor03 at aol.com Cantor03 at aol.com
Wed Jun 22 20:18:11 UTC 2016

My oldest (half) brother, George, would be 100 today, having been  born
on this date in 1916.  (half) brother, Jim was born in 1922.   Their mother
died, tragically, of ALS.  George was a lawyer like my father, and  the
only one of the four brothers to take his undergraduate and law  degree
at UM-Minneapolis.  (I was later there for my dermatology  residency).

I was closer to brother Jim, who was almost a father figure to me,  than
I was to George.  Nonetheless, I have happy memories of him. and
also of his wife, Caroline, from New Bern, NC.

George was a wonderful tenor who died much too early from a
mesothelioma at age 50.  I really regret that we could not have  sung
together at some point.  He was an amazing musician - piano - in
addition to the tenor voice.

Sometimes when we were singing a classical polyphonic Ordinary
during those many years with the Tridentines, I fantasized George on
the tenor lead, as I was on the bass lead, but it was not to be.

Happy birthday, George!

David Strang.