[Magdalen] Hot in church tomorrow?

Scott Knitter scottknitter at gmail.com
Sun Jun 26 01:14:02 UTC 2016

Our air-conditioning in our church broke a few weeks ago (the fan
broke loose and damaged a lot of the other components...how does that
even happen?), so we've been a bit toasty in church lately. We've
raised most of the $9,000 needed for repairs and have been assured
this will be the last hot Sunday and the AC will be back.

It's not the tradition here to do without any vestments; indeed, hot
Sundays were standard for many summers before AC was installed. So
I'll have my four layers on as I serve as subdeacon. It's supposed to
be close to 90F tomorrow. Maybe we'll get a treat and be able to see
the candles bending sideways (if they're not perfectly straight in
their candlesticks). I've heard that used to happen. I may bend
sideways as well.

Anyone else planning on being hot in church tomorrow? Maybe if we're
aware of each other and pray for each other, that'll help.

--
Scott R. Knitter
Edgewater, Chicago, Illinois USA