[Magdalen] Brexit 2nd vote?

Cantor03 at aol.com Cantor03 at aol.com
Sun Jun 26 13:10:15 UTC 2016

In a message dated 6/26/2016 7:25:48 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
cervus51 at gmail.com writes:

So a  general
election COULD be called to elect a government for that  purpose.

This reminds me that a direct vote of such significance on a national
and international subject generally doesn't happen in the USA.
These matters are, instead, handled via US Congress and the  President,
for better or for worse.  So there is a sort of filter through  which
propositions must pass.  I can't remember any such national
referenda ever appearing on a ballot.

Referendums are common at the local and the state level, OTOH.

The outcome of the Brexit vote would have been different had the
UK Parliament been voting on this matter, according to the articles
I've read since the vote.

David Strang.