[Magdalen] Brexit 2nd vote?

Roger Stokes roger.stokes65 at btinternet.com
Sun Jun 26 18:33:46 UTC 2016

On 26/06/2016 16:44, Molly Wolf wrote:
> I am not British, but I do live under a parliamentary system.  The government makes Brexit a vote of confidence, which it would lose, and calls an election.

The UK Fixed Term Parliaments Act specifies the maguage for a motion of
no confidence.  It has to state specifically that "This House has no
confidence in Her Majesty's government."  The government then has two
weeks to secure a motion expressing confidence in it.  Getting a
majority on both motions could be problematic when expressed in those terms.

>    The referendum itself still has no legal standing,

It has legal standing in that it was aithorised by Act of Parliament

> but its results then can be reflected by which party wins. It would also allow for a public shredding of the pro-Brexit lies. It could be quite a lively business.  I doubt Boris Johnson would come out of it well.

Shredding of the lies would be a good thing.  It would be lively and I
doubt that anybody would come out of it well.

Roger