[Magdalen] Hot in church tomorrow?

Scott Knitter scottknitter at gmail.com
Sun Jun 26 22:33:57 UTC 2016

Well, it was indeed hot, especially in my four layers, but there were
some well-placed fans. But while I normally love the white noise fans
generate (especially if I'm trying to read, or sleep), I found it
highly distracting...it makes the whole event seem like just some
random droning that occasionally gets through the white-noise screen;
hard to focus on what's being said.

Only two candles (gasp!) were lighted, immediately on either side of
the tabernacle on the high altar. The "big six" were not lighted
because that's how they end up bending and falling over...the warmth
in the room plus the fire on top are enough to soften the wax.

At some point while standing in our "I-formation" waiting for the
offertory hymn to end, I thought I might be getting nauseated, but
this feeling passed and yielded to a wave of impatience, wanting to
get on with it and get out of there. Normally this is a moment when I
feel very centered and that all is well.

We made it through. But sweating that much takes a lot out of me; I've
been sleepy and listless all afternoon. Coffee may be required.

--
Scott R. Knitter
Edgewater, Chicago, Illinois USA