[Magdalen] Update

P. Dan Brittain pdan.brittain at gmail.com
Tue Jun 28 01:34:01 UTC 2016

On Mon, Jun 27, 2016 at 8:28 PM, Cantor03--- via Magdalen <
magdalen at herberthouse.org> wrote:

> In a message dated 6/27/2016 7:20:43 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
> pdan.brittain at gmail.com writes:
>

> My spouse, Wilfred, has 100% service-connected VA disability, and
> therefore
> gets all his medical/dental care through the VA.

I have enough of a rating (though not 100)  to get my care through the VA
too. The two facilities here are quite good. For a good while the only
dermatology was in Little Rock (2.5 - 3 hours each way). Easier to drive
1.5 and go through medicare/tricare.

> He is getting increasingly frustrated to make appointments in  specialty
> areas not covered directly by VA providers.  There is a new  national
> clearing house for off-VA consultations and treatments, and it is
> currently
> a nightmare.  It has apparently been set up to answer some  criticisms
> about appointments for veterans, but it seems to be causing more  troubles
> than it has solved.

I think some of it is a smokescreen - part of a plan to privatize VA care.
They cut off funds and then claim it doesn't work.
Had my gall bladder done by the VA - first rate care.

--
P. Dan Brittain
Harrison, Arkansas

http//:pdanbrittain.com
<http://pdanbrittain.com>* <http://pdanbrittain.com/>*
Transcriptions, Arrangements and Original Compositions
Wind Band, Brass Band, Choir, and Ensembles
Commissions accepted

Virus-free.
<#DDB4FAA8-2DD7-40BB-A1B8-4E2AA1F9FDF2>