[Magdalen] "Hand to Hand" - have you one to share?

Cantor03 at aol.com Cantor03 at aol.com
Sun Jun 5 10:59:17 UTC 2016

In a message dated 6/5/2016 1:32:17 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
polycarpa3 at ckt.net writes:

on his  way home from town, stopped in to give him the news
that Lincoln had been  shot.  My g-g-g said, "Good." and went on with
what he was  doing.>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

This was, believe it or not, the reaction of the junior warden of TEC
parish in Frankfurt /M, Germany when she was told that Martin Luther  King
had been shot dead.

This occurred in the late 1960's, and (at least public) attitudes  were
different then, but it was still a shock.  The following Sunday,  we were
given an impassioned sermon by the Rector of the Frankfurt/M  church
denouncing this statement.  Names were not mentioned, but  everyone
knew who had made the statement.  The junior warden  resigned.

David Strang.